As unpleasant as the task maybe, estate planning is one of the necessities of life. Knowing your hard-earned assets will be dealt with in the manner you choose provides peace of mind.
For business owners, a plan for succession of ownership is essential. We can guide you through the process of providing for business continuity.
The executor and trustee of a will are required to perform a number of duties. At Pietsch Partners we are experienced in estate planning and working with lawyers to provide a succession plan for your assets.
The areas in estate administration that we can assist with include:
- Meeting with you and your lawyer to discuss objectives for your estate
- Confirming assets - ownership structure, valuations, inventories, and appraisals
- Liaising with your lawyer to formulate a will to meet your estate planning objectives and asset protection
- Liaising with the Executor of your estate for payment of all outstanding taxes and debts
- Liaising with the Executor of your estate to make distributions to beneficiaries
- Attending to accounting for your estate during the estate administration process of collecting all assets, payment of liabilities, and distributions to beneficiaries
- Preparation of income tax returns to date of death
- Application for tax file number of deceased estate
- Preparation of income tax returns for the estate
Back to Services