Forensic accounting is the use of accounting techniques to assess the financial implications of legal disputes, namely family law, business valuations and commercial litigation.
At Pietsch Partners we have experience as an independent expert witness and understand the processes undertaken by forensic accountants and independent expert witnesses.
We offer advice to those parties who may not have an independent advisor, such as situations where one advisor has been providing services to both spouses and / or business partners.
We are able to assist you by providing you with an independent review of the following and provide you with our professional services going forward:
- ownership structures, do you own the asset or it is held in a company or trust, and if so, what does this mean?
- what is the taxation implications of the proposed family law property settlement or business asset transfers?
- advice taxation implications of any business restructures
- will there be any inherited tax obligations which may arise on the subsequent sale of the property or business assets?
- what is the most commercial and effective structures for you to hold assets and business operations going forward?
- review and critique independent expert witness reports, including valuations of businesses and assets.
- undertaking ongoing professional services of preparation of management accounts, financial reports, income tax returns, business succession planning and estate planning.
Back to Services